- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Bernice L. Brown, 90, of Jonesboro died Monday, March 12, 2007, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
She was born Nov. 19, 1916, at Dexter, Mo., daughter of William Claude and Lillie Jane Shipman Belcher. She and Clifford Otis "Tip" Brown were married July 3, 1935, in Ellis Grove, Ill. He died April 18, 1991.
Brown worked at the Jonesboro post office 33 years. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Jonesboro, where she taught Sunday school, Training Union, YWA's, Sunbeams, and was a member of the choir, LLL, WMU, and served on many church committees.
Survivors include several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.