- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
NHL Report: Penguins reach arena deal
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins have reached a deal with city, county and state officials on financing for a new arena, a television station reported Monday night.
KDKA-TV, citing unidentified sources, said the deal is "done" and will be announced before Tuesday's game against the Buffalo Sabres at Mellon Arena.
Penguins officials did not immediately return calls for comment, nor did a spokesman for Allegheny County Executive Dan Onorato.
A spokesman for Mayor Luke Ravenstahl said he knew nothing of a deal.
"I never heard that. I heard nothing like that," spokesman Dick Skrinjar said.
A spokesman for Gov. Ed Rendell refused to confirm the deal.
"I can't confirm a report of any settlement," Rendell spokesman Chuck Ardo said. "The sides have communicated since last Thursday. This is an ongoing process."
Team and elected officials met last week in Philadelphia, along with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman.
After that meeting, the sides issued a joint statement saying they had a "very constructive meeting where significant progress was made."
The sides agreed to meet again on Wednesday and to make no further comment.
KDVA reported that the Wednesday meeting is still on, but only to iron out minor details.