- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape Girardeau Co. Commission action 3/13/07
County Administration Building, 1 Barton Square, Jackson
* Sent thank-you for tree donation in South Park.
* Received and filed statewide local sales tax report for February.
* Approved commmission order for distribution of Road and Bridge District 29 portion of Proposition 1 sales tax.
Discussion items and appointments
* Approved hiring part-time child support d ivision investigator, requested by Morley Swingle, prosecuting attorney.
* Met Scott Hilton, Clever Stone Co. of Clever, Mo., regarding county road improvements.
Items not on agenda
* Received and filed coroner training certificates.
* Met with Scott Bechtold, county highway administrator, regarding archeaological study for County Road 532 relocation project near Lovejoy Creek.
* Awarded bid for base station upgrade at sheriff's department to JCS Tel-Link.
* Approved payroll change.