- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Laura Alice Perkins, 88, of Perryville died Sunday, March 11, 2007, at her home.
She was born Feb. 12, 1919, at Mexico, Mo., daughter of James R. and Frances Williams Vanlandingham. She and William A. Perkins were married Feb. 13, 1941. He died April 12, 1995.
Perkins was co-owner and bookkeeper at Landmark Gas Co. She was a member of First Baptist Church and Order of Eastern Star in St. Mary, Mo. She recently attended services at Cape County Cowboy Church.
Survivors include a son, Randall Perkins of Perryville, and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, and from 6:30 a.m. until time of service Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. An Eastern Star service will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Jim Matthews officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.