- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
COBDEN, Ill. -- Ramona Sue Yates, 47, of Cobden died Sunday, March 11, 2007, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Aug. 12, 1959, at Anna, Ill., daughter of Robert Leon and Sabina Lou Stroehlein Stadelbacher. She and Thomas Lee Yates were married April 23, 1983, at Anna.
Yates was a registered nurse who worked at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau for five years prior to taking a position at Choate Mental Health and Development Center in Anna for the past 18 years.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Robert Andrew Yates of Cobden and Thomas Lee Yates II of Perryville, Mo.; a brother, John Stadelbacher of Cobden; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Cobden. The Rev. Federico Higuera will officiate, with burial in St. Joseph's Catholic Cemetery in Cobden.