- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
COBDEN, Ill. -- Mary Helen Cook, 80, of Cobden died Friday, March 9, 2007 in Anna, Ill.
She was born Feb. 18, 1927, at Cobden, daughter of Thomas and Mable Gibbons Adams. She and David M. Cook were married Sept. 27, 1942, at Jackson. He died Nov. 21, 1999.
Cook was a member of the First Baptist Church in Cobden.
Survivors include two daughters, Mabel Hill and Neomia Means, both of Anna; a son, David J. Cook of Anna; two brothers, Virgil Adams of El Paso, Texas, Robert Adams of Cobden; a sister, Ruth Birdsong of Caseyville, Ill.; eight grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant son, an infant grandson and three sisters.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.