- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Notre Dame falls in final
Ruskin defeated Notre Dame 59-56 in the Class 4 boys basketball state championship game Saturday at Mizzou Arena in Columbia.
The Bulldogs (27-5) missed two 3-pointers in the final seconds that would have tied the score.
Ruskin finished 29-1 with 29 consecutive victories to close the season. The championship was the first for the Ruskin program.
Notre Dame fell behind 54-51 on a 3-pointer by Demetrius Henderson with 3:08 to play. The Bulldogs never caught up, closing to one (57-56) on Ryan Willen's 3-pointer with 1:36 to play.
The Bulldogs had a possession with a chance to take the lead but missed a shot, and Henderson hit two free throws with 28 seconds to play to set the final margin.
Willen led Notre Dame with 31 points and 11 rebounds. Austin Greer added 10 points.