- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Tiffany Lynn Eckert and Joshua Steven Lumsdon were married May 6, 2006, at Country Club Christian Church in Kansas City, Mo. Dr. Glen Miles performed the ceremony. Vocalist was Dr. William Krusemark of Kansas City. Readers were Sister Susan Rieke of Leavenworth, Kan., and Michael Lu of Houston, Texas.
Parents of the bride are Larry and Sharon Eckert of Nortonville, Kan. Lumsdon is the son of Greg and Debbie Hoffmeister of Springfield, Ill., formerly of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Kristen Schug of San Antonio. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Montgomery of Stockton, Iowa, cousin of the bride; Christie Appelhanz-Eckert of Topeka, Kan., sister-in-law of the bride; Seanna Higley of Kansas City, Kan., Jodie Ticer of Cape Girardeau, and Lauren Opry of Little Rock, Ark.
Tyler Hoffmeister of Springfield was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Rich and Stacy Eckert of Topeka, brothers of the bride; Brad Isaac and Eric Ticer of Cape Girardeau, cousins of the groom; and Rich Anderson of St. Louis. Usher was Chad Eckert of Overland Park, cousin of the bride.
Mothers of the couple were candlelighters.
Flower girls were Summer and Myranda Chandler, and ringbearer was Kyle Chandler, triplet children of Eldon and Julie Chandler of Colorado Springs, Colo., and cousins of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Lynn and Rhonda Kuehl of Stockton, cousins of the bride.
The reception was held at Deer Creek Golf Club in Overland Park.
The rehearsal dinner was held July 5 at Deer Creek.
Mrs. Lumsdon received a degree in English and chemistry from the University of St. Mary in Leavenworth, and a master's degree in chemistry from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a forensic scientist with Johnson County Sheriff's Crime Lab.
The groom received a bachelor's degree in mass communication/advertising from Southeast. He is an account executive with Virtumondo.
After a wedding trip to Tahiti and Moorea, the couple resides in Overland Park.