- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Esther M. Polen, 95, of Jackson died Thursday, March 8, 2007, at her home.
She was born Sept. 30, 1911, in Scopus, Mo., daughter of William "Joe" and Bessie May Mayfield Long. She and Russell Henry Polen were married Oct. 6, 1934, in Essex, Mo. He died Jan. 13, 2005.
Esther and her husband farmed in the Millersville community many years. They moved to Jackson in 2001. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Millersville.
Survivors include three sons, Richard Polen of Godfrey, Ill., Russell Polen of Jackson, Jeffrey Polen of Perryville, Mo.; a daughter, Betty Smith of Millersville; a brother, Ernest Long of Lincoln, Neb.; a sister, Grace Yamnitz of Perryville; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and after noon Sunday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Daniel Hale officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.