- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
John Allen Jr.
ANNA, Ill. -- John Allen Jr., 83, of Anna died Friday, March 9, 2007, at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion.
He was born Aug. 16, 1923, at Wolf Lake, Ill., son of John Thomas and Julia Butterfield Allen. He and Betty Ann Cook were married March 11, 1950, at Wolf Lake. She died Feb. 15, 1990.
Allen was a veteran of World War II, and a life member of Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.
Survivors include a daughter, Barbara Ticer of Grand Tower, Ill.; three sons, David and Terry Allen of Jonesboro, Ill., Rick Allen of Anna; a brother, Jimmy Allen of Aurora, Colo.; a sister, Muriel Allen of Murphysboro, Ill.; seven grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Kinnamon officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery with full military honors by VFW Post 3455.