- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Elsie M. Phillips, 87, of Oran died Thursday, March 8, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 3, 1920, at Chaffee, Mo., daughter of John P. and Claude Goodson Ponder. She and Jess W. Phillips Sr. were married Aug. 28, 1936. He died Oct. 20, 1988.
She retired as a supervisor with Caproco Ltd. in Sikeston, Mo. She was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church, was financial secretary many years and taught Sunday school many years.
Survivors include two sons, Jess Phillips Jr. of Perkins, Mo., Kenneth Phillips of Swinton, Mo.; two daughters, Claude Anne Mason and Sharon Harris of Oran; two sisters, Merl Carter of Oran, Martha Lohnes of Conway, Ark.; 15 grandchildren; and 35 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 4 p.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Trinity United Methodist Church, with Don Gandt officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery.