- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Jean Bass, 79, of Anna died Wednesday, March 7, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 15, 1927, in Jonesboro, Ill., daughter of Ray and Ora Watkins Bass. She and Sam Bass were married Sept. 3, 1955, in Murphysboro, Ill. He died Sept. 14, 1991.
Bass and her husband owned and operated Bass Clothing Stores in Anna, Carbondale and Harrisburg, Ill., many years. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Jonesboro.
Survivors include a son, Moury Bass of Anna; a brother, Harold Bass of Union, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church in Jonesboro, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge, the Rev. Mark Kirk and Kim Capel officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.