- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
St. Vincent girls eliminated
Clopton knocked the St. Vincent girls basketball team out of the Class 2 state tournament with a 60-41 victory against the Squaws at Mineral Area College.
That decision leaves four area teams playing in this weekend's state tournament action:
* The Kelly girls will play a Class 3 quarterfinal game against St. Louis Metro at 7:45 p.m. Saturday at the Farmington Civic Center.
* The Bell City boys will play in the Class 1 quarterfinals against Billings at 1 p.m. at the West Plains Civic Center.
* Also at West Plains, the Scott County Central girls will play Walnut Grove at 2:45 p.m. in a Class 1 quarterfinal.
* The Notre Dame boys go to the Class 4 state tourney Friday and Saturday in Columbia.
* Also, Charleston beat Malden 80-59 in a Class 3 boys sectional on Wednesday.