- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Maj. Franklin Neal
Maj. Franklin D. Neal, 72, of Fairview Heights, Ill., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007, at his home.
Franklin earned a B.S. cum laude degree in physics and math from Southeast Missouri State University in 1973. He lived in Cape Girardeau 12 years and was a former member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
He retired as a major with the Air Force National Guard in 1983.
He is survived by his wife, JoAnn Bond Neal of Fairview Heights; a daughter, Sherri R. Neal of Leavenworth, Kan.; a son, David C. (Donna) Neal of Littleton, Colo.; and two grandsons, Matt and Luke Neal of Littleton.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights, with the Rev. Bryan Webb officiating. Private family interment will be in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Kurrus Funeral Home in Belleville, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to the Children's Department at First Baptist Church in Fairview Heights.