- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Dwight Dean Shackelford, 46, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Sept. 5, 2003, from a heart attack at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born in Anderson County, S.C., son of William "Fred" and Mary Davis Shackelford.
Shackelford was an associate professor in the English Department at Southeast Missouri State University. He had also taught at the University of South Carolina and Benedict College in Columbia, S.C., and Concord College in Princeton, W.Va.
Survivors include his parents of Piedmont, S.C.; a brother, Graham Shepard of Mason, Ohio; and a sister, Kathy Sullivan of Dacusville, S.C.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Greenville Memorial Gardens in Greenville, S.C.
Thomas McAfee Funeral Home Northwest Chapel in Greenville is in charge of arrangements.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.