- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
McCLURE, Ill. -- Denny Joe Palmer, 59, of McClure died Sunday, March 4, 2007, at his home.
He was born Sept. 6, 1947, at McClure, son of Denny and Ruby Alice Kirk Palmer. He and Pat Seals Dickerson were married June 24, 2002, at Wickliffe, Ky.
Palmer worked for Florsheim Shoe Co. and Erlbacher Construction. He was a warehouseman for Q.C. Corporation for 20 years, and was employed by Procter & Gamble. He was a member of the former American Legion Post in McClure. Palmer was in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1970 and served in Vietnam. He graduated from Shawnee High School.
Survivors include his wife; his father and stepmother, Denny and Marge Palmer, of McClure,; a daughter, Angel Doria of Scott City; two brothers, Mike Palmer of Arnold, Mo., and Kevin Palmer of Omaha, Neb.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
There will be no visitation.
Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lindsey Cemetery. The Rev. Robert Smithey Jr. will officiate, and full military honors will be provided by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.