- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lions Club prepares for annual pancake day March 21 at Arena
The Cape Girardeau Lions Club will hold its 69th annual pancake day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 21 at the Arena Building. A stack of hot pancakes and beverage are included in the price. Sausages are extra.
Proceeds from the charity event enable the Lions Club to generously contribute to many organizations at the state and local level.
Some of the organizations the club supports are CrimeStoppers, Boys and Girls State, The Guardians, mid-South Lions Sight Service, Leader Dogs for the Blind and their continued training, Lions International Foundation, Missouri Lions Eye Research Fund, Hearing and Sight Conservation at the state and local level, the local United Way and the agencies it represents, and the local hearing van that provides hundreds of tests to area residents.
Anyone donating a pair of used eyeglasses to help support the Lions Club sight program will receive a free pancake ticket.