- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Effie "Jackie" Calvert, 93, of Chaffee, Mo., died Saturday, March 3, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 30, 1913, in Greenbriar, Mo., daughter of Robert Oscar and Minta Graves Fowler. She and William C. Calvert were married Feb. 14, 1940. He died July 6, 1948.
Calvert was a retired cook at Mables Cafe in Chaffee.
Survivors include two sisters, Vera Astridge of Tanawanda, New York, and Melba Jaskolski of Pinedale, Wyo.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.