- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Effie "Jackie" Calvert, 93, of Chaffee, Mo., died Saturday, March 3, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 30, 1913, in Greenbriar, Mo., daughter of Robert Oscar and Minta Graves Fowler. She and William C. Calvert were married Feb. 14, 1940. He died July 6, 1948.
Calvert was a retired cook at Mables Cafe in Chaffee.
Survivors include two sisters, Vera Astridge of Tanawanda, New York, and Melba Jaskolski of Pinedale, Wyo.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be at Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.