- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Bootheel airports among those picked for grants
ST. LOUIS -- Missouri airports will receive $26 million in federal grants, Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta said Monday.
Those airports receiving grants include:
$2.5 million to help construct a new runway at the Kennett airport in Southeast Missouri.
In addition, grant money will go toward airports in the following communities: Cape Girardeau, Dexter, Caruthers-ville, New Madrid, Sikeston, Perryville, Poplar Bluff, and Piedmont.