- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SPRING HILL, Fla. -- Lester Green, 96, of Spring Hill, Fla., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, March 2, 2007, at the West Tasu Care Center in Port Richey, Fla.
He was born Oct. 3, 1910, in Cape Girardeau County, son of James and Nora Limbaugh Green. He and Marie Webb were married in Missouri. She died May 16, 1990.
He was a member of the First United Methodist Church in Spring Hill, Fla.
Survivors include three daughters; Barbara Bryer of Spring Hill, Fla., June Matthews of Tucson, Ariz., Jackie Richardson of Spring, Texas; a sister, Reafern Trickey of Cape Girardeau; 10 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and 11 great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers, a sister and a grandson.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
Service will be private at the funeral home. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery at Cape Girardeau.