- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Julie Marie Glastetter, 63, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born April 15, 1943, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Henry and Gerda Marie Johnsen Phelps. She and Roy Glastetter were married April 20, 1963, in Cape Girardeau.
She and her husband owned and operated IGA stores and Dairy Queens in Southeast Missouri and Tennessee many years. She was a member of St. Mary's Cathedral.
She is survived by her husband, Roy Glastetter of Cape Girardeau; her father, Henry Phelps of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Bob Glastetter and wife Jackie of Cape Girardeau, Steve Glastetter and wife Debbie of Jackson; a daughter, Lisa Glastetter of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Dan Phelps of Cape Girardeau, David Phelps of Huntersville, N.C.; three sisters, Betty Hellige of St. Louis, Donna Johnstone of Palmdale, Calif., Nancy Underwood of Jackson; and two grandchildren, Christopher Scott Glastetter of Jackson and Joey Ashley Glastetter of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Gerda Marie Johnsen Phelps, and a brother, Peter Phelps.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 5.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.