- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Virginia Ailine Sitzes, 74, of Marble Hill died Monday, Feb. 26, 2007, at her home.
She was born Dec. 12, 1932, at Bessville, Mo., daughter of Earnest W.C. and Dora Mae Pulliam Patton. She and John Charles "J.C." Sitzes were married June 3, 1950. He died Oct. 6, 1990.
Sitzes worked at International Hat Co. and was a member of Mount Carmel Missionary Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth Sitzes of Perryville, Mo.; a daughter, Angela Godwin of Marble Hill; a brother, Jack Patton of Perryville; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, with the Rev. Roy Michael officiating. Burial will be in Hurricane Fork Church Cemetery.