- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
John W. Sutterer, 67, of Perryville died Saturday, Feb. 24, 2007, at St. Mary's Hospital in Richmond Heights, Mo.
He was born Oct. 16, 1939, in Perryville, son of Gilbert and Leona Lurk Sutterer. He and Doris M. Biehle were married Sept. 2, 1963, at Biehle, Mo.
Sutterer formerly owned and operated Perryville Tire, and also farmed. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and Perryville Optimist Club.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Cheryl Sutterer of Jefferson City, Mo.; a son, Shawn Sutterer of Columbia, Mo.; two sisters, Mary Ann Moore of Perryville, Betty Youngman of Fenton, Mo.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent Church until time of service.
A memorial Mass will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be private.
Miller Family Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.