- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Reda Ragains, 89, of Chaffee died Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2007, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 3, 1918, in Maynard, Ark., daughter of Alpha Elias and Gussie Norene Johnston Evans. She and Roy William Ragains were married April 22, 1944, in Blytheville, Ark. He died Feb. 17, 2004.
Ragains was a seamstress and was an election judge in Morley, Mo., many years. She was a member of Morley Church of Christ.
Survivors include a sister, Ava Emerson of Morley, and a brother, Sidney Evans of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with Bill Bradley officiating. Burial will be in Old Morley Cemetery.