- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Clara M. Koenig, 93, of Perryville died Monday, Feb. 26, 2007, at Perry Oaks Manor.
She was born Feb. 2, 1914, at Point Rest, Mo., daughter of Henry and Marie Stelling Hadler. She and Albert Koenig were married May 13, 1934. He died Nov. 8, 1997.
Koenig was a member of Salem Lutheran Church at Farrar, Mo.
Survivors include four daughters, Hilda Mahnken of Uniontown, Mo., Norma Kester and Florence Wiegand of Jackson, Verna Kaufman of Altenburg, Mo.; two sons, Arnold and Eugene Koenig of Perryville; a sister, Erna Schuessler of Perryville; 14 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant son, five brothers, four sisters, three grandchildren and a great-grandson.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 8:15 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Salem Lutheran Church, with the Rev. Roger Abernathy officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.