- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Danna Jo Lape, 54, of Jackson passed away Monday, Feb. 26, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 3, 1952, at Parma, Mo., daughter of John R. and Grace L. Whitson Long. She and Tony Lape were married Dec. 28, 1973.
Danna was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Jackson for seven years, where she served as an elder and helped charter the Mothers of Preschoolers. She was a former teacher for the Jackson School District, and for the past 11 years she was a parent educator with the school district.
Loving survivors include her husband of 33 years; a son, Ian Lape of Tempe, Ariz.; two daughters, Dr. Whitney Brothers and husband Jamie, Ph.D., and Meredith Lape, all of St. Louis; her mother, Grace Long of Dexter, Mo.; three sisters, Linda Vincent of Scottsdale, Ariz., Brenda (Larry) Campbell and Robbie (John) Burnett of Malden, Mo.; and many loving nieces and nephews.
Danna was preceded in death by her father.
A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson, with Dr. Grant Gillard officiating.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to First Presbyterian Church in Jackson.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.