- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
There's only one way to get to heaven
To the editor:
Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by fire because of wickedness and homosexuality. That kind of lifestyle is an abomination to God.
Billy Graham says we are in a huge religious upswing. We are, but there is a difference between religion and Christianity. Only a born-again Christian will pass through that narrow gate. Religious people think it is OK to drink, curse, smoke, have long hair and be homosexual or lesbian or anything else they want to do. But in God's Word, it says if you are a new person, and these things won't be on your want-to-do list.
There are many false doctrines, even those that think a person can get out of hell. But God's Word says there is a great gulf, and once you are there, it is forever.
This is what is so troubling to a Christian: knowing there are so many people going to hell. And God's Word says ignorance will not be an excuse. If you are sincerely born again, it is for eternity. God doesn't send anyone to hell. God sent his son and paid the price with his precious blood to make it possible for everyone to escape hell. But too many people today like what this world has to offer and will miss the greatest blessing of all. Don't argue with this letter. Go to God's Word.