- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Star search finals at fair Wednesday
Finalists in the Zimmer Radio Group third annual Tri-State Star Search will compete Wednesday at the grandstand at the SEMO District Fair.
The finalists are the survivors of karaoke contests held at the St. Vincent de Paul Seminary Picnic in Perryville, at the River City Yacht Club in Cape Girardeau and at Pockets in Cape Girardeau.
About 30 singers will compete for the grand prize of $500.
Whitney Thomas, an operations manager at the Zimmer company, said a variety of musical genres will be represented, including country, rock and pop.
Everyone in the contest is 18 and over. The contest will begin at 7:30 p.m.