- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape woman's winning photo to be used in state tourism
Emily Terry of Cape Girardeau recently won the Missouri Division of Tourism photo contest. The contest called for photographs of Missouri that fell into either of two categories: family fun or recreation, adventure and cultural attractions. All photographs were taken in Missouri.
The winning photos will be unveiled in the division's "2004 Missouri Vacation Planner," as well as in other promotional materials the division of tourism distributes to attract visitors to Missouri.
Terry won first place in the family fun division. Her entry, "Bumper Boats at Branson," earned her $500.
The photography contest drew more than 900 entries.