- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Oran firefighters get federal grant
The Oran Fire Protection District was awarded $149,481 for fire operations and safety.
Michael D. Brown, undersecretary of Homeland Security for Emergency Preparedness and Response, announced 402 grants to fire departments throughout the United States in the 12th round of the 2003 Assistance to Firefighters Grant program. The grants will ultimately total 7,000 awards worth $750 million in direct assistance to firefighters.