- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Children's Trust Fund distributes grants in area
The Children's Trust Fund, Missouri's foundation for child abuse prevention, distributed $178,536 for fiscal year 2004 to nine community-based organizations and agencies in Southeast Missouri to provide programs and services that help support families to reduce the risk of child abuse and neglect.
Organizations acknowledged in a check presentation ceremony in Southeast Missouri were:
Bollinger County Health Center, Marble Hill, $10,222 for safe crib project; Missouri Mentoring Partnership, Cape Girardeau, $26,933 for parenting program; New Vision Youth & Family Services Inc., Cape Girardeau, $17,400 for family enhancement and abuse/neglect prevention programs; Educare, Cape Girardeau, $2,500 for infant massage kits project; Southeast Building Blocks of Missouri, Cape Girardeau, $5,000 for Southeast Building Blocks Safe Crib Project.