- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Ruth D. Whiting, 90, of Anna died Sunday, Feb. 25, 2007, at Union County Nursing Home in Anna.
She was born Dec. 2, 1916, in Jonesboro, Ill., daughter of Lawrence and Irene Coleman Davis. She and Charles "Tony" Whiting were married April 13, 1941, in Charleston, Mo. He died Sept. 7, 1981.
Whiting was a member of Lockard Chapel Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Sharon Satterlee of Rockford, Ill., Ginger Sather of Cobden, Ill.; two brothers, Russell Davis of Anna, Robert Davis of Indianapolis, Ind.; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Hart officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.