- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
House on South Spanish Street provides a place to relax, revive
Located near the Mississippi River, Spa 151 on the River is a place for residents to relax and unwind from the stresses of life. Owned and operated by Lori Wills and Ashli Rowland, Spa 151 is a full-day spa and salon at 151 S. Spanish St. in a tranquil house that was built in the 1800s.
Customers can take advantage of a variety of services. Start off the day by having one of the six massage therapies offered, which are traditional Swedish massages, aromatherapy massages, stone therapies, foot reflexology, prenatal massages and athletic massages for tired and sore muscles. Cleanse your skin and face with a revitalizing eye treatment, a botanical skin resurfacing treatment or an "Outer Peach" acne treatment to help eliminate trouble spots. Customers are welcomed with complimentary Starbucks coffee or Aveda tea before beginning their experience.
The spa also performs ear candling, an ear cleaning technique used with a hollow candle to help clean the inner ear canal for those suffering from allergies, sinus problems and hearing issues. There are a slew of body treatments available, including a cellulite loss wrap, a chocolate polish, a Caribbean therapy treatment and a Caribbean sugar scrub. The Shiradara therapy can be added to any of several body treatments offered at the spa and brings you to the ultimate level of relaxation.
If you want to have a manicure or pedicure, Spa 151 can provide you with an intense hydrating pedicure or manicure, which is great for the dry winter weather. Or you can have a traditional French manicure or hot oil treatment. The salon offers a variety of services, including several coloring options, hair treatments for dry or damaged hair, special event styling, makeup application, waxing treatments and hair extensions.
Packages are available and can be great a great gift idea for birthdays or anniversaries. The packages incorporate massage treatments, body therapies and skin therapies and last several hours. There is even a package for couples to enjoy a day at the spa together. Anyone who purchases a spa service is allowed complementary use of its infrared sauna and Swedish shower. In the near future, Spa 151 wants to extend its massage treatments by opening up another esthetician and massage room.
All the staff and technicians use Aveda products for hair and body and have been trained to properly use all massage and facial products to provide customers with a quality, pleasurable experience. Future plans for Spa 151 include adding more employees to the salon so customers can choose from seven cosmetology specialists.
The spa offers a sanctuary to relax and escape from the daily grind. Spa 151 prides itself on expertise and has been chosen as an Aveda concept location. It employs one of seven masters in permanent makeup in Missouri. Several technicians have completed Aveda updo, color and color correction classes in St. Louis and Kansas City.