- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Joseph A. Amrhein, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born Aug. 14, 1909, at Caney, Mo., son of Frank and Philomena Baechel Amrhein. He and Camilla C. Kern were married in the St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo., on Jan. 27, 1931. She died May 10, 1997. He and Marie Bradford were married October 2006.
Amrhein graduated from Bowen Institute of Pharmacy in 1937. He was a pharmacist at Cape Cut Rate Drug Store in Cape Girardeau before moving to Scott City in 1947 when he purchased the former Hartner Drug Store. He was the owner and operator of Amrhein Drug Store, Scott City, retiring in 1978. Amrhein and his wife, Camilla, moved back to Cape Girardeau. He continued to work at Medicap Pharmacy in Scott City. Amrhein belonged to St. Vincent de Paul Church where he was an usher. He was a member of the board of directors at the Bank of Illmo, the oldest member and fourth degree member of Knights of Columbus Council 1111.
He was preceded in death by three sons.
Survivors include his daughter-in-law, Patricia Amrhein of Scott City; six grandchildren, Lisa (Jimmie) Gibbar of Cape Girardeau, Carnie (Jeff) Wulfers of Cape Girardeau, Terri (Joe) Prost of Cape Girardeau, Tanya (Billy) Davis Jr. of Scott City, Val (Bill) Carroll of Chaffee, Brad (Karen) Amrhein of Sherrills Ford, NC.; 12 great grandchildren; six great-great grandchildren.
Pallbearers will be Ronnie Kern, Alan Kern, Jeff Wulfers, Larry Kern, Jeremy Wulfers and Danny Kern.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel, Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers at 7 p.m. will be followed by KC Rosary.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating, at St. Vincent de Paul Church, Cape Girardeau.
Arrangements are by Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
Donations may be made to Notre Dame Regional High School.