- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- Katherine E. "Katie" Titus, 85, of Grand Rapids, Mich., died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007, at Laurels of Sandy Creek Nursing Home in Grand Rapids.
She was born Dec. 7, 1921, in Cairo, daughter of James C. and Lottie Ross McKee. She married William D. Titus, who died in 1985.
Formerly of Cairo, Titus was a bookkeeper at Pulaski County Court House in Mound City, Ill., before retiring. She was a member of Mighty Rivers Regional Worship Center.
Survivors include a brother, Billy McKee.
She was preceded in death by a sister and two brothers.
There is no visitation.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at Mighty Rivers Regional Worship Center, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Private burial will be at a later date.
Local assistance with services was provided by the Barkett Funeral Home of Cairo.