- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)3
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)4
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Larry Strayhorn Sr.
NIXA, Mo. -- Larry Lee Strayhorn Sr., 73, of Nixa, formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Thursday, Feb. 22, 2007.
He was born Sept. 24, 1933, in Sikeston, Mo., son of Chester Lee and Eva Louise Tidwell Strayhorn.
Strayhorn served four years in the U.S. Navy before joining the U.S. Air Force, working in the Pentagon for five years. After serving in the military he worked as a policeman and Missouri highway patrolman before becoming a U.S. Marshal for 27 years. Strayhorn was a member of the Nixa General Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Bobbie of Nixa; a son, Larry Lee Strayhorn Jr.; a daughter, Penny Smith; three stepchildren; 11 grandchildren and his first wife, Peggy Strayhorn.
Friends may call from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Adams Funeral Home in Nixa.
The funeral will follow at 2:30 p.m. at the funeral home.
Burial with military honors will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield.