- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Elva Anderson, 81, of Dowagiac, Mich., died Monday, Feb. 19, 2007, at Dowagiac Nursing Center.
She was born July 5, 1925, at Kinder, Mo., daughter of William and Viola Brooks Arnold. She first married William Dunivan Oct. 12, 1940. He died Feb. 3, 1978. She later married Elijah Anderson April 7, 1984, in Dowagiac. He died May 22,1990.
Anderson was a member of Liberty Chapel in Dowagiac.
Survivors include a son, Danny Dunivan of Marble Hill, Mo.; four daughters, Rhonda Loughary and Martha Sullender of Dowagiac, Melba Stroup of Advance, Sherry Morris of Bloomfield, Mo.; a stepsister, Ella Bennett of Advance; 20 grandchildren; 34 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two grandchildren, a great-grandson, six stepsisters and a half brother.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kenny Stroup officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery near Advance.