- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- James Edward Dailey Jr., 48, of Anna died Friday, Sept. 5, 2003, at his home.
He was born June 19, 1955, in Chicago, Ill., son of Edward James Sr. and Dianne Theresa Sealander Dailey. He and Barbara Dianna Furlow were married March 2, 1985, at Chicago.
Dailey worked in automobile management. He was a member of the First Baptist Church in Jonesboro, an Army veteran and a liver transplant survivor.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Trisha Laws of Anna and Tanya Dailey of Mounds, Ill.; a sister, Loretta Stroud of Herrin, Ill.; three brothers, Earl Burley and Joe Burley and Eddie Dailey, all of Hurst, Ill.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a grandson and a sister.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna and after 10 a.m. Tuesday at the First Baptist Church in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. at the church. The Rev. Joe Aldridge will officiate, with burial in Blairsville Cemetery.