- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Slow mail from Tennessee
To the editor:I would like to know what is wrong with the U.S. Postal Service in Cape Girardeau. I live in LaVergne, Tenn. My brother and his family live in Cape Girardeau. It is virtually impossible for them to receive mail from me. I mailed my brother two birthday cards from Tennessee on Feb 9. He received one Feb. 17 but still hasn't received the other one. I mailed my nieces valentines Feb 10, and they haven't received them yet. When they send me mail, I usually receive it within three days. My brother also isn't receiving mail that originates from Kentucky. Thus, it must be the Cape Girardeau mail service.
JANE SIDES, LaVergne, Tenn.