- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Slow mail from Tennessee
To the editor:I would like to know what is wrong with the U.S. Postal Service in Cape Girardeau. I live in LaVergne, Tenn. My brother and his family live in Cape Girardeau. It is virtually impossible for them to receive mail from me. I mailed my brother two birthday cards from Tennessee on Feb 9. He received one Feb. 17 but still hasn't received the other one. I mailed my nieces valentines Feb 10, and they haven't received them yet. When they send me mail, I usually receive it within three days. My brother also isn't receiving mail that originates from Kentucky. Thus, it must be the Cape Girardeau mail service.
JANE SIDES, LaVergne, Tenn.