- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Slow mail from Tennessee
To the editor:I would like to know what is wrong with the U.S. Postal Service in Cape Girardeau. I live in LaVergne, Tenn. My brother and his family live in Cape Girardeau. It is virtually impossible for them to receive mail from me. I mailed my brother two birthday cards from Tennessee on Feb 9. He received one Feb. 17 but still hasn't received the other one. I mailed my nieces valentines Feb 10, and they haven't received them yet. When they send me mail, I usually receive it within three days. My brother also isn't receiving mail that originates from Kentucky. Thus, it must be the Cape Girardeau mail service.
JANE SIDES, LaVergne, Tenn.