- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Slow mail from Tennessee
To the editor:I would like to know what is wrong with the U.S. Postal Service in Cape Girardeau. I live in LaVergne, Tenn. My brother and his family live in Cape Girardeau. It is virtually impossible for them to receive mail from me. I mailed my brother two birthday cards from Tennessee on Feb 9. He received one Feb. 17 but still hasn't received the other one. I mailed my nieces valentines Feb 10, and they haven't received them yet. When they send me mail, I usually receive it within three days. My brother also isn't receiving mail that originates from Kentucky. Thus, it must be the Cape Girardeau mail service.
JANE SIDES, LaVergne, Tenn.