- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Can't judge on appearances
To the editor:Recently I read an article regarding Chief Paul White Eagle of the AhNiYvWiYa tribe. I've known Chief Paul about seven years. He is as real as the sun that rises from the east every day. He's kind to everyone, and I'm proud to be his friend. His kindness and knowledge are unmeasurable.
If reporter TJ Greaney had looked around, he would have seen people who had a strong pull to their native bloodlines and very few with blue eyes. I have African-American bloodlines. Did Greaney pick me out of the language class?
Regardless of what we may look like on the outside, we know we can't judge by outside appearances.
UDSIGATLI WAYA, Cape Girardeau