- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Sylvester A. Bohnert, 94, of Perryville died Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2007, at the Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born June 21, 1912, in Perry County, Mo., son of Ignatius A. and Anna Schnurbusch Bohnert. He and Albertine Wibbenmeyer were married March 4, 1935, and she died June 1, 1994. He and Gladys D. Mattingly were married May 30, 1995, and she died July 6, 2001.
Bohnert was a dairy farmer. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville and a former member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Apple Creek, Mo.
Survivors include a daughter, Rose Mary Ruesler of Jackson; a son, Michael Bohnert of Perryville; two stepsons, David Mattingly of Union, Mo., Darwin Mattingly of Perryville; a stepdaughter, Ruth Ann Mueller of Villa Ridge, Mo.; a sister, Isadore I. Bohnert of Perryville; a brother, Harold Bohnert of Perryville; seven grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Young & Sons Funeral Home in Perryville. There will be a Catholic wake Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek.