- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Katherine V. Ward, 90, of Anna died Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007, at Union County Hospital.
She was born Sept. 4, 1916, in Colusa, Calif., daughter of Roland and Bessie Rothgeb Elwell. She and Gerald Wayne Ward were married in 1970. He died Sept. 11, 1990.
Ward had been a waitress and was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include three daughters, Phyllis Jones of Tweed, Ontario, Evelyn Campbell of Victoria, British Columbia, Rita DeBruin of Barrie, Ontario; a son, George Baxter of Mississauga, Ontario; three sisters, Edna Hill of Gravenhurst, Ontario, Hazel Harbridge of Ontario, Helen Clement of Detroit, Mich.; a brother, Robert Elwell of Gravenhurst; 10 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by a son, a stepson, a sister and a brother.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Tony Foeller officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.