- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Christina A. Carlton, 92, of Advance died Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 15, 1915, at Glennon, Mo., daughter of James and Ethel Hendrickson Livers. She and Austin Carlton were married Oct. 31, 1931, in Piggott, Ark. He died July 3, 1974.
Carlton worked at Inland Shoe Co. 30 years, and was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Advance.
Survivors include a son, Kobby "Buck" Carlton of Advance; a daughter, Beverly Richards of Valmeyer, Ill.; two brothers, Kinchlo Livers of St. Louis, Bill Livers of St. Charles, Mo.; two sisters, Janice Payton of Cape Girardeau, Ettadean Stephens of Bloomfield, Mo.; four grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, two sisters and a great-grandson.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home. The rosary will be recited at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Catholic Church, with the Rev. David Dohogne officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.