- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Kamryn Olivia VanDeven was born Thursday, Feb. 15, 2007. She never drew a breath on this Earth, but she is very loved and is with her heavenly Father.
Survivors include her parents, Kasey Hecht and Josh VanDeven of Jackson; grandparents, Stephen and Kim M. McDowell of Perryville, Mo., Tim and Bridget Hecht of Jackson, Bill and Jackie VanDeven of Patton, Mo.; uncles, T.J. Hecht of Perryville, Nick and Jonathan VanDeven of Patton; an aunt, Lindsey Kielas of Cape Girardeau; great-grandparents, John and Paula Paul of St. Louis, Dale and Sharon Hecht of Jackson, Marcella VanDeven of Sullivan, Mo., John Murray of Pevely, Mo., JoAnn McDowell and Virginia Smith of Jackson, Paul and Nina Barnard of Bismarck, Mo.
She was preceded in death by great-grandparents, Joyce Stockeon and Jerry McDowell of Jackson, Barb Murray of Pevely, and John VanDeven of Sullivan.
A private graveside service was held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Russell Heights Cemetery. The Rev. Grant Gillard officiated.
McCombs Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to SHARE Foundation at Southeast Missouri Hospital.