- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
JONESBORO, Ark. -- Glenda Davidson, 71, died Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007, in Jonesboro.
She was born Dec. 27, 1935, at Clover Bend, Ark., to Sid and Christina Golden Steele. She was united in marriage to Jim Davidson Dec. 3, 1983.
Glenda was traffic manager where she supervised shipping, receiving, warehousing and inventory at Frolic Footwear in Jonesboro for 28 years, retiring nine years ago.
Survivors include her husband, Jim Davidson of the home; two daughters, Wendy Chambers and husband Jimmy of Jonesboro, Melinda Dodd and husband John of Scott City; three sons, Byron Blanchard of Walnut Ridge, Ark., Jamie Davidson and wife Penny and Greg Davidson and wife Becky of Scott City; grandchildren, J.R., Jake and Julie Chambers of Jonesboro, Mica Blanchard of Conway, Ark., and 10 other grandchildren; a great-grandchild; three sisters, Freda Phillips of Marion, Ill., Carol Gray of Houston, Texas, Peggy McMillon of Portia, Ark.; a brother, Darrel Steele of Clover Bend; and many relatives and friends.
Glenda was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Mary Louetta Phillips.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. today at Strangers Home Cemetery near Alicia, Ark., with the Rev. Bob McMillon officiating.
Gregg Funeral Home in Jonesboro is in charge of arrangements.
The family requests in lieu of flowers that donations may be made to the St. Bernard's Foundation Senior Health Clinic (972-4296) or Alzheimer's Arkansas (1-800-689-6090).
Personal condolences may be sent to the Davidson family at www.greggfunerals.com.