- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Region briefs 2/22/07
Motorcycle, truck collide on Cape street
A two-vehicle collision on South Kingshighway Wednesday afternoon sent one motorist to the hospital. Cape Girardeau fire battallion chief Steve Niswonger said emergency crews were called to the scene at 12:37 p.m. Niswonger said a motorcycle and a pickup truck collided in the 400 block of South Kingshighway, but said he did not know in which lanes the accident took place or which way drivers were going when the accident occurred. The driver of the motorcycle was transported to Saint Francis Medical Center.
Sheriff investigating 4-month-old's death
Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department is investigating the Wednesday morning death of a 4-month-old girl. Marrissa L. Reed was pronounced dead at Southeast Missouri Hospital by Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton sometime after 6 a.m. Clifton said an autopsy will be undertaken this morning in Farmington, Mo., but it may take several weeks before toxicology reports are completed. According to Lt. David James, police received a call at about 4:55 a.m. from the child's grandmother, living in Oriole, Mo., who said she didn't think the baby was breathing. According to police, the grandmother, who police did not name, said she had been sleeping with the child and when she awoke to feed her found her on the floor. The child lived with her mother, Amanda Reed of Cape Girardeau. Tony Limbaugh of Cape Girardeau is her father.
-- From staff reports