- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Zola A. Huckstep, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007, at her home.
She was born Jan. 28, 1925, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Meart and Vurda May Stoops. She and Willmon Huckstep were married 64 years, having married Feb. 1, 1943, in St. Louis.
She was an avid quilter and enjoyed crocheting. She assisted in the lab of Southeast Missouri Dental Lab 50 years. She was a charter member of Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel since 1968.
Survivors include her husband, Willmon Huckstep of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Jerry (Polly) Huckstep and Gary (Kathy) Huckstep of Jackson; a daughter-in-law, Phyllis Huckstep of Jackson; six grandchildren, Allan, Laura, April, Jason, Jennifer and Shawn; nine great-grandchildren, Trever, Monica, Olivia, Kayla, Lydia, Savanna, Cole, Erica and Kaitlin.
She was preceded in death by a son, Terry Huckstep, Feb. 24, 2003; her parents; two brothers; and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Barry Pfanstiel officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel.