- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mary C. Estes, 104 years and 11 months, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2007, at St. Peters Manor Care Center in St. Peters, Mo.
She was born March 8, 1902, in Mayfield, Mo., daughter of William and Ida Johnson Limbaugh. She and James Estes were married Nov. 5, 1927. He passed away April 26, 1974.
Mary and James moved from Millersville to St. Peters in 1966. Mary was a homemaker, a loving mother and devoted wife.
Survivors include two sons, Jerry (Sharon) Estes of Bloomsdale, Mo., Ivan Estes of St. Peters; two daughters, Hester (Don) Seabaugh of St. Peters, Winnis Klippel of St. Charles, Mo.; a daughter-in-law, Helen Estes of St. Charles; seven grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a son, Justin Estes; a daughter and son-in-law, Vesta and Bob Terry; and two grandsons.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson Friday from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be Friday at 1:30 p.m. at the funeral home. Interment will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.