- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Joan Glenetta Mackins Grant, 64, of Pulaski, Ill., died Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2007, at the Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born Jan. 8, 1943, in Ullin, Ill., daughter of Clyde and Arleta Meals Mackins. She and Samuel Grant were married, and he preceded her in death.
Survivors include three daughters, Carol Spates, Elizabeth Mackins and Vonda Grant, all of Deactur, Ill.; four sons, Kelvin Mackins and Samuel Grant, Jr., both of Pulaski, Tamias Grant and Al (Givonna) Grant, both of Decatur; four sisters, Evelyn Moor of Dixmor, Ill., Maedell Smith and Marva Adkinson, both of Pulaski and Eunice McClung of Mounds; 15 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call from noon to 1 p.m. today at the St. John Praise and Worship Center in Pulaski.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. today at the St. John Praise and Worship Center, with the Rev. Ronnie Mack officiating. Interment will be at the West Side Cemetery in Ullin.
Massie Funeral Home in Mounds was in charge of arrangements.