- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Alfreda C Bohnert, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 9, 1921, in Charleston, Mo., daughter of William Alexander and Mary Beatrice Reed Miller. She and Clyde August Bohnert were married Oct. 15, 1938, in Perryville, Mo. He died Dec. 7, 1994.
Bohnert was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau, was past president of St. Vincent Ladies Sodality. She was a member of VFW Auxiliary, Saint Francis Auxiliary and The Daughters of Isabella. She had worked at J.C. Penney, Montgomery Ward and Mr. C's IGA.
Survivors include son William "Bill" Bohnert and wife Carolyn, of Cape Girardeau; daughter Pat Compas and husband Bob of Cape Girardeau and son Ronald Bohnert and wife Molly of Crandall, Ind.; two sisters-in-law, Rosella Milfelt of Perryville and Cleo Bohnert of Wright City, Mo.; grandchildren Jeffrey Bohnert and wife Tammy of Cape Girardeau, Tammy Gottschalk and husband Mark of Huntington Beach, Calif., Lindsay Bohnert of Cape Girardeau, Christy Sprengel and husband Mark of Jackson, Shelley Haverstick and husband John of Marshall, Mo., Cathie Funderburg and husband Tony of Freeburg, Ill., RJ Bohnert Jr. of Indiana and Michael Bohnert of Kentucky; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home with parish prayers at 7 p.m. followed by the rosary.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent de Paul Church with the Rev. David Hulshof and Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be at St. Mary Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.